Jump to Main Content
- Chapman, Scott C.; Hammer, Graeme L.; Meinke, Holger
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 725-735
- simulation models; Helianthus annuus; plant development; dry environmental conditions; phenology; dry matter accumulation; growth models; crop yield; decision making; prediction
- ... In dryland farming systems, opportunities to improve sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) yields are mostly associated with management decisions made at planting. Dynamic crop simulation models can assist in making such decisions. This study reports the structure of QSUN, a simple and mechanistic crop model for sunflower, and how it accounts for the dynamic interaction of the crop with the soil and ae ...
- Villalobos, Francisco J.; Hall, Anthony J.; Ritchie, Joe T.; Orgaz, Francisco
- Agronomy journal 1996 v.88 no.3 pp. 403-415
- growth models; Helianthus annuus; simulation models; phenology; accuracy; crop yield; prediction; nitrogen content; leaf area index; plant development; root systems; source-sink relationships; nitrogen; nutrient availability; nutrient uptake; irrigated conditions; dry environmental conditions; soil water content; grains; model validation
- ... Crop simulation models are important tools for agronomic management strategy evaluation, particularly under rainfed conditions. This paper describes the structure and testing of OILCROP-SUN, a process-oriented model of the sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) crop. The model simulates organ biomass and N content, leaf area index, and soil water and N balances with a daily time step. Daily weather data ...