Jump to Main Content
- R. W. Bovey; M. A. Hussey
- Agronomy journal 1991 v.83 no.4 pp. 709-713
- forage crops; grasses; herbicides; weed control; phytotoxicity; field experimentation; greenhouse production; Panicum coloratum; crop yield; Texas
- ... Early spring applications of herbicides were evaluated for weed control and phytotoxicity to kleingrass (Panicum coloratum L.) during establishment. In 1986, areas treated with MSMA (monosodium salt of methylarsonic acid) at 2.2 and 4.5 kg ha⁻¹ or chlorsulfuron [ 2-chloro-N-[ [(4-methoxy-6-methyl-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl) amino] carbonyl] benzenesulfonamide] at 0.018 and 0.035 kg ha⁻¹ reduced weed yield ...
- A. R. Overman; M. A. Sanderson; R. M. Jones
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 541-545
- interspecific variation; cultivars; mathematical models; forage crops; Panicum coloratum; application rate; soil water content; Cynodon dactylon; arid zones; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; rain; growth models; Eragrostis curvula; Cenchrus ciliaris; nitrogen fertilizers; Texas
- ... Models provide a quantitative means to evaluate yield response of forage grasses to applied N and water availability. The objective of this analysis was to estimate model parameters (A, b, c) for bermu. dagrasses and bunchgrasses grown at the same location and during the same time period. The logistic equation was used to relate annual dry matter production to applied N for three bermudagrasses [C ...