Jump to Main Content
- Overman, A. R.; Sanderson, M. A.; Jones, R. M.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 541-545
- interspecific variation; cultivars; mathematical models; forage crops; Panicum coloratum; application rate; soil water content; Cynodon dactylon; arid zones; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; rain; growth models; Eragrostis curvula; Cenchrus ciliaris; nitrogen fertilizers; Texas
- ... Models provide a quantitative means to evaluate yield response of forage grasses to applied N and water availability. The objective of this analysis was to estimate model parameters (A, b, c) for bermu. dagrasses and bunchgrasses grown at the same location and during the same time period. The logistic equation was used to relate annual dry matter production to applied N for three bermudagrasses [C ...
- Haque, M.; Epplin, F. M.; Taliaferro, C. M.
- Agronomy journal 2009 v.101 no.6 pp. 1463-1469
- Panicum virgatum; harvest date; interspecific variation; perennials; Cynodon dactylon; fuel production; fertilizer rates; Pennisetum flaccidum; frequency; dry matter accumulation; cost analysis; crop yield; Eragrostis curvula; biomass; nitrogen fertilizers; Oklahoma
- ... A USDOE and USDA study concluded that more than 20 million U.S. hectares of cropland, idle cropland, and cropland pasture could be converted from current uses to the production of perennial grasses from which biomass could be harvested for use as biorefinery feedstock. This study was conducted to determine the most efficient species, level of N, and harvest frequency from among four perennial gras ...