Jump to Main Content
- Todorovic, Mladen; Albrizio, Rossella; Zivotic, Ljubomir; Saab, Marie-Therese Abi; Stöckle, Claudio; Steduto, Pasquale
- Agronomy journal 2009 v.101 no.3 pp. 509-521
- crop models; simulation models; Helianthus annuus; plant growth; solar radiation; calibration; water use efficiency; transpiration; dry matter accumulation; model validation; deficit irrigation; irrigation rates; dryland farming; crop yield; field experimentation; accuracy; Italy
- ... This work compares the performance of AquaCrop, a crop simulation model developed by FAO, with that of two well established models, CropSyst and WOFOST, in simulating sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) growth under different water regimes in a Mediterranean environment. The models differ in the level of complexity describing crop development, in the main growth modules driving the simulation of biom ...
- Chapman, Scott C.; Hammer, Graeme L.; Meinke, Holger
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 725-735
- simulation models; Helianthus annuus; plant development; dry environmental conditions; phenology; dry matter accumulation; growth models; crop yield; decision making; prediction
- ... In dryland farming systems, opportunities to improve sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) yields are mostly associated with management decisions made at planting. Dynamic crop simulation models can assist in making such decisions. This study reports the structure of QSUN, a simple and mechanistic crop model for sunflower, and how it accounts for the dynamic interaction of the crop with the soil and ae ...