Jump to Main Content
- Kallenbach, Robert L.; McGraw, Robert L.; Beuselinck, Paul R.; Balatti, Pedro A.
- Agronomy journal 1998 v.90 no.5 pp. 709-713
- Lotus corniculatus, etc ; nitrogen; nutrient deficiencies; nitrogen fixation; Bradyrhizobium; root nodules; seedlings; strain differences; host range; nodulation; cultivars; genotype; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... New genotypes of birdsfoot trefoil (Lotus corniculatus L.) from Morocco exhibit rhizomes, but little is known about their N₂-fixation characteristics. Our objective was to evaluate the N₂-fixation capacity of rhizomatous birdsfoot trefoil infected by native rhizobia or by strains used in commercial inoculants. An additional objective was to assess the N₂-fixing potential of two Moroccan isolates, ...
- Rogers, D. D.; Warren, R. D.; Chamblee, D. S.
- Agronomy journal 1982 v.74 no.4 pp. 613-619
- Lotus corniculatus, etc ; Ensifer meliloti; Hapludults; Medicago sativa; Paleudults; Rhizobium; alfalfa; application rate; crop yield; environmental factors; inoculum; kaolinite; nitrogen content; nodulation; plant growth; sand; seed inoculation; seedling emergence; soil inoculation; subsurface application; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Legume inoculation failures often result in severe stand losses and yield reductions. The objective of this study was to determine the possibility of salvaging poorly nodulated stands of fall-seeded ‘Arc’ alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) (fine-loamy, siliceous, thermic Typic Paleudult soil type) and ‘Viking’ birdsfoot trefoil (Lotus corniculatus L.) (clayey, kaolinitic, thermic Typic Hapludult soil ty ...