Jump to Main Content
- Adeli, A.; Shankle, M.W.; Tewolde, H.; Sistani, K.R.; Rowe, D.E.
- Agronomy journal 2008 v.100 no.3 pp. 564
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; no-tillage; poultry manure; organic fertilizers; nutrient availability; agricultural runoff; volatilization; soil movement; nutrient uptake; fertilizer rates; carbon sequestration; soil fertility; highlands; Mississippi; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Applying broiler litter to the soil surface of a no-till field of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) increases the potential loss of its nutrients via runoff and volatilization. An experiment was conducted over 3 yr on an upland Atwood silt loam soil (fine-silty, mixed, semiactive, thermic Typic Paleudalfs) near Pontotoc, MS, to determine the effect of broiler litter incorporation into the surface soi ...
- Miller, R.J.; Langdale, G.W.; Myhre, D.L.
- Agronomy journal 1967 v.59 no.5 pp. 409
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; Nicotiana tabacum; flue-cured tobacco; varieties; leaf area index; nitrogen; nutrient uptake; plant density; fertilizer rates; crop yield; economic analysis; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Effects of three plant densities and two nitrogen rates on leaf areas and nitrogen uptake by tobacco plants were studied during 1961 and 1962. A study was also made on the economics of these treatments. Leaf area indices (LAI's) for both years increased with time until the reduction in total leaf area through loss of senescent lower leaves became greater than the gain in leaf area of the active up ...