Jump to Main Content
- Andersen, Jesper H.; Aroviita, Jukka; Carstensen, Jacob; Friberg, Nikolai; Johnson, Richard K.; Kauppila, Pirkko; Lindegarth, Mats; Murray, Ciarán; Norling, Karl
- Ambio 2016 v.45 no.6 pp. 681-691
- Scandinavia, etc ; European Union; coastal water; eutrophication; lakes; rivers; surface water; Denmark; Finland; Norway; Sweden; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... We review approaches and tools currently used in Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden) for integrated assessment of ‘ecological status’ sensu the EU Water Framework Directive as well as assessment of ‘eutrophication status’ in coastal and marine waters. Integration principles for combining indicators within biological quality elements (BQEs) and combining BQEs into a final-integra ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ring, Eva; Johansson, Johanna; Sandström, Camilla; Bjarnadóttir, Brynhildur; Finér, Leena; Lībiete, Zane; Lode, Elve; Stupak, Inge; Sætersdal, Magne
- Ambio 2017 v.46 no.8 pp. 878-893
- Scandinavia, etc ; forest management; forest ownership; forests; hosts; issues and policy; lakes; land use; landscapes; politics; surface water; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; Iceland; Latvia; Norway; Sweden; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The forest landscape across the Nordic and Baltic regions hosts numerous lakes and watercourses, which must be included in forest management. In this study, national policy designs regarding protection zones for surface waters on forest land were reviewed and compared for the Nordic countries, Estonia and Latvia. The focus was how each country regulates protection zones, whether they are voluntary ...