Jump to Main Content
- Kirwan, B.; Lubowski, R.N.; Roberts, M.J.
- American journal of agricultural economics 2005 v.87 no.5 pp. 1239
- opportunity costs, etc ; agricultural land; Conservation Reserve Program; land retirement; cost effectiveness; environmental impact; agricultural subsidies; soil erosion; soil conservation; conservation tillage; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... This study measures the cost-effectiveness of the bidding mechanism of the Conservation Reserve Program in the USA. Landowners with especially high environmental benefits index (EBI) scores and especially low opportunity costs for their land can submit rent bids above their reservation rents and still have their lands accepted into the programme, resulting in windfall gains to these landowners. Th ...
- Aillery, M.; Shoemaker, R.; Caswell, M.
- American journal of agricultural economics 2001 v.83 no.1 pp. 183
- opportunity costs, etc ; agriculture; production economics; watersheds; ecosystems; environmental management; losses from soil; dynamic models; soil water retention; Florida; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Agricultural production decisions can affect ecosystem function and environmental quality. Environmental restoration policies can, in turn, affect the profitability of the agricultural sector. A dynamic model of agricultural production, soil loss, and water retention in the Everglades Agricultural Area is developed to assess agricultural impacts under alternative water policy and land acquisition ...