Jump to Main Content
- Lohmann, Lúcia G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- American journal of botany 2009 v.96 no.9 pp. 1731-1743
- Tabebuia; ecosystems; flora; lianas; phylogeny; sequence analysis; shrubs; trees
- ... Bignoniaceae are woody, trees, shrubs, and lianas found in all tropical floras of the world with lesser representation in temperate regions. Phylogenetic analyses of chloroplast sequences (rbcL, ndhF, trnL-F) were undertaken to infer evolutionary relationships in Bignoniaceae and to revise its classification. Eight clades are recognized as tribes (Bignonieae, Catalpeae, Coleeae, Crescentieae, Jaca ...
- Lohmann, Lúcia G., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- American journal of botany 2011 v.98 no.4 pp. 602-618
- Bignoniaceae; evolution; leaves; lianas; parenchyma; plant nutrition; sieve tubes
- ... Premise of the study: The phloem is a plant tissue with a critical role in plant nutrition and signaling. However, little is still known about the evolution of this tissue. In lianas of the Bignoniaceae, two distinct types of phloem coexist: a regular and a variant phloem. The cells associated with these two phloem types are known to be anatomically different; however, it is still unclear what ste ...