Jump to Main Content
- Metcoff, Jack.; Costiloe, Paul; Crosby, Warren M.; Dutta, Seshachalam.; Sandstead, Harold H.; Milne, David.; Bodwell, C.E.; Majors, Stephen H.
- American journal of clinical nutrition 1985 v.41 no.5 pp. 933
- pregnant women; birth weight; food and nutrition programs; smoking (habit); maternal nutrition; nutritional status; disease prevention; WIC Program; risk
- ... Extract: Of 824 women screened, 410 were enrolled at midpregnancy in a prospective, randomized, controlled nutrition intervention study. Of these, 226 were predicted as likely to have small or large babies, 184 to have average-sized babies. Two hundred thirty eight mothers received USDA Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Food Supplementation vouchers from midpregnancy, 172 did not. Leukocyte protei ...
- Dintzis, F.R.; Watson, P.R.; Sandstead, H.H.
- American journal of clinical nutrition 1985 v.41 no.5 pp. 901
- diet; wheat bran; phytic acid; nutrient availability; iron; copper; zinc; calcium; dietary fiber
- ... Concentrations of Cu, Fe, Zn, Ca, and phytate were measured in dry-milled corn bran, wheat brans, and soybean hulls prior to being baked in bread and after passage through the human GI tract. Significant changes in mineral concentrations in the retrieved remnants compared to the starting materials were as follows: Cu, Fe, and Zn increased by factors of from two to four and Ca increased at least te ...