Jump to Main Content
- Seijo-Rodríguez, Ana; Escuredo, Olga; Rodríguez-Flores, M. Shantal; Carmen Seijo-Coello, M.
- American journal of potato research 2017 v.94 no.1 pp. 26-37
- Solanum tuberosum; aerial parts; cultivars; flowering; multivariate analysis; pedicel; pigmentation; potatoes; tubers; Spain
- ... Potato is one of the main agricultural crops in north-western Spain. Varieties such as Baraka, Kennebec, Desiree and Alava are more commonly planted, but there is an interest in introducing other improved cultivars. The first step in the identification of a new potato varieties includes an assessment of the morphological characteristics of its aerial parts and their tubers characteristics. In this ...
- Novy, R. G.; Whitworth, J. L.; Stark, J. C.; Schneider, B. L.; Knowles, N. R.; Pavek, M. J.; Knowles, L. O.; Charlton, B. A.; Sathuvalli, V.; Yilma, S.; Brown, C. R.; Thornton, M.; Brandt, T. L.; Olsen, N.
- American journal of potato research 2017 v.94 no.1 pp. 38-53
- Agricultural Research Service; French fries; Fusarium; Phytophthora infestans; Potato virus Y; Solanum tuberosum; Verticillium wilt; acrylamides; agricultural experiment stations; asparagine; blight; business enterprises; cold storage; color; cooking quality; cultivars; disease resistance; dormancy; glucose; growers; guidelines; hollow heart; organic production; potatoes; reducing sugars; resistance genes; second growth; temperature; tubers; variety trials; weight loss; Idaho; Oregon; Washington (state)
- ... Payette Russet is a full season, russet-skinned potato cultivar notable for its cold-sweetening resistance and associated low acrylamide formation, making it ideally suited for processing into French fries and other potato products. Low asparagine and reducing sugar concentrations in Payette Russet tubers contribute to an 81 % reduction in acrylamide content in French fries relative to cultivars R ...