Jump to Main Content
- Hutchinson, Pamela J. S.; Felix, Joel; Boydston, Rick
- American journal of potato research 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 394-403
- application timing; corn; crop yield; field experimentation; glyphosate; herbicide resistance; leaves; planting; potatoes; seed tubers; sugar beet; vigor; Idaho; Ontario; Oregon
- ... Field studies were conducted in 2008 and 2009 in Aberdeen, ID, Ontario, OR, and Paterson, WA to determine the effect of simulated glyphosate drift on ‘Ranger Russet’ potato during the application year and the crop growing the next year from the daughter tubers. Glyphosate was applied at 8.5, 54, 107, 215, and 423 g ae ha⁻¹ which corresponds to 1/00, 1/16, 1/8, ¼, and 1/2 of the lowest recommended ...
- Novy, R. G.; Whitworth, J. L.; Stark, J. C.; Charlton, B. A.; Yilma, S.; Knowles, N. R.; Pavek, M. J.; Spear, R. R.; Brandt, T. L.; Olsen, N.; Thornton, M.; Brown, C. R.
- American journal of potato research 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 380-393
- Agricultural Research Service; French fries; Fusarium; Streptomyces; acrylamides; agricultural experiment stations; ascorbic acid; asparagine; color; cultivars; harvest date; necrosis; potatoes; storage time; tubers; Idaho; Oregon; Washington (state)
- ... Teton Russet is an early-maturing, medium-russeted, potato cultivar with high merit for both fresh-pack and processing. In early harvest trials in the Pacific Northwest, Teton Russet had total yields similar to Russet Norkotah, and higher than Ranger Russet and Russet Burbank. Marketable yield of Teton Russet in the early harvest trials was also comparable to or higher than Russet Norkotah in Wash ...