Jump to Main Content
- Tierno, Roberto; Carrasco, Ana; Ritter, Enrique; de Galarreta, Jose Ignacio Ruiz
- American journal of potato research 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 346-353
- aeroponics; crop yield; cultivars; flowering; greenhouses; mosses and liverworts; peat; planting; potatoes; seed tubers
- ... We have evaluated and compared different methods and cultivars for the production of quality prebasic seed in potato. Two cultivation systems, aeroponics and greenhouse beds with a peat moss substrate, and three potato cultivars with different vegetative cycle, Agria, Monalisa and Zorba, were assayed. Plants in the aeroponic system showed increased growth and their vegetative cycle extended betwee ...
- Al-Daoud, Fadi; Fageria, Manphool S.; Zhang, Jianhua; Boquel, Sébastien; Pelletier, Yvan
- American journal of potato research 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 337-345
- Potato virus Y; field experimentation; greenhouses; leaves; mineral oil; pathogens; potatoes; secondary infection; tubers
- ... Potato Virus Y (PVY) is one of the most devastating pathogens threatening potato production worldwide. It is a RNA virus that is disseminated by aphids in a non-persistent manner. Regular application of mineral oil on potato fields is known to reduce the number of PVY-positive tubers in post-harvest testing. The mechanism of this phenomenon is not well understood, but it is hypothesized to influen ...