Jump to Main Content
- Bayne, Jenna E.; Walz, Paul H.; Passler, Thomas; White, Brad J.; Theurer, Miles E.; Van Santen, Edzard
- American journal of veterinary research 2016 v.77 no.6 pp. 589-596
- beef cattle, etc ; Bovine viral diarrhea virus; antibodies; behavior change; blood sampling; blood serum; calves; viremia; viruses; walking; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE To assess the use of 3-D accelerometers to evaluate behavioral changes in cattle experimentally infected with a low-virulent strain of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV). ANIMALS 20 beef steers (mean weight, 238 kg). PROCEDURES Calves were allocated to a BVDV (n = 10) or control (10) group. On day 0, calves in the BVDV group were inoculated with a low-virulent strain of BVDV (4 × 10(6) T ...
- Chamorro, Manuel F.; Walz, Paul H.; Passler, Thomas; Palomares, Roberto; Newcomer, Benjamin W.; Riddell, Kay P.; Gard, Julie; Zhang, Yijing; Galik, Patricia
- American journal of veterinary research 2016 v.77 no.1 pp. 88-97
- beef cattle, etc ; Bovine herpesvirus 1; Bovine respiratory syncytial virus; Bovine viral diarrhea virus; antibodies; antigens; blood serum; calves; leukocytes; nose; vaccination; vaccines; viral shedding; viremia; viruses; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE To evaluate the efficacy of 4 commercially available multivalent modified-live virus vaccines against clinical disease, viremia, and viral shedding caused by bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and bovine herpesvirus 1 (BHV1) in early-weaned beef calves. ANIMALS 54 early-weaned beef steers (median age, 95 days). PROCEDURES Calves were randomly assigned to 1 of 5 groups and administered PB ...