Jump to Main Content
- Falkenberg, Shollie M.; Carroll, Jeffery A.; Elsasser, Ted; Best, Tim; Sartin, James; Buntyn, Joe O.; Schmidt, Ty B.
- American journal of veterinary research 2013 v.74 no.12 pp. 1522
- beef cattle, etc ; Bovine herpesvirus 1; blood sampling; blood serum; cortisol; crossbreds; dosage; endocrine system; immune response; inflammation; insulin-like growth factor I; interferon-gamma; interleukin-6; monitoring; nose; rectum; research; somatotropin; steers; temperature; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; viruses; volume; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the endocrine and immune responses of steers challenged with infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus (IBRV). For the study, twelve crossbred beef steers weighing approximately 228.82 kg were fitted with indwelling rectal temperature monitoring devices and randomly assigned to a Control (CON) or IBRV treatments. Immune challenged steers received an intra- ...
- Wagner, Bruce A.; Dargatz, David A.; Salman, M.D.; Morley, Paul S.; Wittum, Thomas E.; Keefe, Thomas J.
- American journal of veterinary research 2002 v.63 no.12 pp. 1662
- beef cattle, etc ; steers; Escherichia infections; Escherichia coli; feces; antimicrobial agents; drug resistance; sampling; methodology; feedlots; antibiotic resistance; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Objective - To evaluate the effectiveness of various sampling techniques for determining antimicrobial resistance patterns in Escherichia coli isolated from feces of feedlot cattle. Sample Population - Fecal samples obtained from 328 beef steers and 6 feedlot pens in which the cattle resided. Procedure - Single fecal samples were collected from the rectum of each steer and from floors of pens in w ...