Jump to Main Content
- Spadavecchia, C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2006 v.67 no.5 pp. 762-769
- horses; isoflurane; anesthesia; horse breeds; pain; electric current; dosage; forelimbs; muscles; evoked potentials
- ... Objective-To investigate effects of isoflurane at approximately the minimum alveolar concentration (MAC) on the nociceptive withdrawal reflex (NWR) of the forelimb of ponies as a method for quantifying anesthetic potency. Animals-7 healthy adult Shetland ponies. Procedure-Individual MAC (iMAC) for isoflurane was determined for each pony. Then, effects of isoflurane administered at 0.85, 0.95, and ...
- Spadavecchia, C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2006 v.67 no.5 pp. 882-889
- dogs; pain; measurement; forelimbs; legs; Beagle; reflexes; evoked potentials; electric current; peripheral nerves; veterinary medicine
- ... Objective-To investigate the feasibility of evoking the nociceptive withdrawal reflex (NWR) from fore- and hind limbs in conscious dogs, score stimulus-associated behavioral responses, and assess the canine NWR response to suprathreshold stimulations. Animals-8 adult Beagles. Procedure-Surface electromyograms evoked by transcutaneous electrical stimulation of ulnaris and digital plantar nerves wer ...