Jump to Main Content
- Saransaari, Pirjo; Oja, Simo S.
- Amino acids 2010 v.38 no.5 pp. 1387-1393
- adenosine; adults; agonists; antagonists; brain stem; ischemia; mice; normoxia; purinergic receptors; taurine; tritium
- ... The release of the inhibitory amino acid taurine is markedly enhanced under ischemic conditions in both adult and developing brain stem, together with a pronounced increase in the release of the neuromodulator adenosine. We now studied the effects of adenosine receptor agonists and antagonists on [³H]taurine release in the brain stem in normoxia and ischemia, using a superfusion system. Under stan ...
- P. Saransaari; S. S. Oja
- Amino acids 2004 v.26 no.1 pp. 91-98
- adenosine; adults; agonists; antagonists; cell membranes; glutamic acid; hippocampus; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxylamine; ischemia; mice; neuroprotective effect; nitric oxide; receptors; taurine; transporters; tritium
- ... The release of the inhibitory neuromodulator taurine in the hippocampus is markedly enhanced under various neural cell-damaging conditions, including ischemia and exposure to free radicals. The properties and regulation of the release evoked by a medium containing free radicals was investigated in hippocampal slices from adult (3-month-old) and developing (7-day-old) mice, using a superfusion syst ...