Jump to Main Content
- Vasu, Srividya; Ojo, Opeolu O.; Moffett, R. Charlotte; Conlon, J. Michael; Flatt, Peter R.; Abdel-Wahab, Yasser H. A.
- Amino acids 2017 v.49 no.10 pp. 1705-1717
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; amylases; apoptosis; blood glucose; body weight; bone density; cell proliferation; energy intake; genes; glucagon; glucose tolerance; glycemic control; high fat diet; insulin; insulin resistance; insulin secretion; liver function; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; mice; models; morphometry; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; skeletal muscle; toxicity; weight loss; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Actions of esculentin-2CHa(1–30) (GFSSIFRGVAKFASKGLGKDLAKLGVDLVA) and its analogues, ([D-Arg⁷, D-Lys¹⁵, D-Lys²³]-esculentin-2CHa(1–30) and [Lys¹⁵-octanoate]-esculentin-2CHa(1–30), were evaluated in high-fat fed NIH Swiss mice with impaired glucose tolerance and insulin resistance. Twice-daily i.p. administration of the esculentin-2CHa(1–30) peptides (75 nmol/kg body weight) or exendin-4 (25 nmol/k ...
- Musale, Vishal; Abdel-Wahab, YasserH. A.; Flatt, PeterR.; Conlon, J.Michael; Mangoni, MariaLuisa
- Amino acids 2018 v.50 no.6 pp. 723-734
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; amino acids; antimicrobial properties; apoptosis; blood glucose; body weight; calcium; cytotoxicity; glucose; glucose tolerance; insulin; insulin secretion; intraperitoneal injection; islets of Langerhans; mice; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; peptides; rats; therapeutics; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Long-standing Type 2 diabetes is associated with loss of both β‐cell function and β‐cell mass. Peptides derived from the frog-skin host-defense peptide esculentin-1 have been shown to exhibit potent, broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity. The aim of the present study is to determine whether such peptides also show insulinotropic and β-cell protective activities. Esculentin-1a(1-21).NH₂, esculentin ...