Jump to Main Content
- Khanafer, Nagham; Vanhems, Philippe; Barbut, Frédéric; Luxemburger, Christine
- Anaerobe 2017 v.44 pp. 117-123
- Clostridium difficile; beta-lactamase; case-control studies; cephalosporins; cohort studies; comorbidity; diarrhea; disease control; hospitals; liver diseases; malnutrition; men; monitoring; morbidity; mortality; patients; penicillins; regression analysis; risk factors
- ... Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) is a serious medical condition that is associated with substantial morbidity and mortality. Identification of risk factors associated with CDI and prompt recognition of patients at risk is key to successfully preventing CDI.A 3-year prospective, observational, cohort study was conducted in a French university hospital and a nested case-control study was perfor ...
- Dauby, Nicolas; Libois, Agnès; Van Broeck, Johan; Delmée, Michel; Vandenberg, Olivier; Martiny, Delphine
- Anaerobe 2017 v.44 pp. 1-2
- Clostridium difficile; bacteremia; blood; colitis; embolism; health services; hospitals; hunger; mortality; patients; pneumonia; ribotypes; tandem repeat sequences; vancomycin
- ... Extra-colonic infections, and especially bacteremia, are infrequent manifestations of Clostridium difficile infection. C. difficile bacteremia is generally health-care associated and polymicrobial. We report the case of a patient on hunger strike that presented a C. difficile colitis and mono-microbial bacteremia on its admission to the hospital. Multilocus variable number tandem repeat analysis o ...