Jump to Main Content
- Mahalakshmi, Krishnan; Krishnan, Padma; Arumugam, Sarasa Bharathi
- Anaerobe 2017 v.44 pp. 66-72
- Bacteroides forsythus; Porphyromonas gingivalis; Treponema denticola; atherosclerosis; bacterial adhesion; coronary vessels; epidemiological studies; genes; pathogens; patients; periodontitis; polymerase chain reaction; relative risk; ribosomal RNA; surgery; virulence
- ... Epidemiological studies have shown a link between periodontitis and atherosclerosis. Hence the present study was chosen to assess the presence of eight anaerobic periodontal pathogens and their virulence genes in subgingival plaque (SGP) and atheromatous plaque (AP) of patients with Ischaemic heart disease.SGP and AP collected from 65 Ischaemic heart disease patients were screened for the presence ...
- Diop, Khoudia; Diop, Awa; Bretelle, Florence; Cadoret, Frédéric; Michelle, Caroline; Richez, Magali; Cocallemen, Jean-François; Raoult, Didier; Fournier, Pierre-Edouard; Fenollar, Florence
- Anaerobe 2017 v.44 pp. 87-95
- Olsenella uli; anaerobes; bacteria; fatty acids; female genitalia; genes; new genus; patients; phenotype; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; women
- ... Strain KHD7ᵀ, a Gram-stain-positive rod-shaped, non-sporulating, strictly anaerobic bacterium, was isolated from the vaginal swab of a woman with bacterial vaginosis. We studied its phenotypic characteristics and sequenced its complete genome. The major fatty acids were C16:0 (44%), C18:2n6 (22%), and C18:1n9 (14%). The 1,806,744 bp long genome exhibited 49.24% G+C content; 1549 protein-coding and ...