Jump to Main Content
- Han, Xufeng; Li, Bibo; Wang, Xiaolong; Chen, Yulin; Yang, Yuxin
- Anaerobe 2019 v.59 pp. 118-125
- Oscillospira, etc ; Actinobacteria; Alternaria; Aspergillus; Candida; Neocallimastix; Penicillium; Piromyces; Prevotella; Proteobacteria; Selenomonas; Stachybotrys; Succiniclasticum; Treponema; Trichosporon; Zygomycota; anaerobes; forage; fungi; goats; growth and development; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; humans; meat; microbial ecology; milk; nutrients; rearing; rumen; rumen bacteria; solar energy; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... The rumen contains a highly complex microbial ecosystem that plays an important role in converting solar energy in plants into nutrients for ruminants and generates animal food products, such as meat and milk for humans. Therefore, understanding the effect of the dietary concentrate to forage (C:F) ratio on ruminal microbiota is of great significance for the growth and development of ruminants. In ...
- Pitta, D.W.; Pinchak, W.E.; Dowd, S.; Dorton, K.; Yoon, I.; Min, B.R.; Fulford, J.D.; Wickersham, T.A.; Malinowski, D.P.
- Anaerobe 2014 v.30 pp. 11-17
- Oscillospira, etc ; Bacteroidetes; Clostridium; Ruminococcus; bacterial communities; biofilm; bloat; crude protein; fermentation; grazing; liquids; microbiome; rumen bacteria; rumen fluids; steers; winter wheat; Great Plains region; United States; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Grazing steers on winter wheat forage is routinely practiced in the Southern Great Plains of the US. Here, we investigated the dynamics in bacterial populations of both solid and liquid ruminal fractions of steers grazing on maturing wheat forage of changing nutritive quality. The relationship between bacterial diversity and fermentation parameters in the liquid fraction was also investigated. Dur ...