Jump to Main Content
- Leahu, Ana; Ghinea, Cristina; Oroian, Mircea-Adrian; Damian, Cristina
- Analele Universității "Ovidius" Constanța 2018 v.29 no.2 pp. 110-116
- Brassica oleracea var. capitata; anthocyanins; ascorbic acid; cabbage; cadmium; calcium; cobalt; color; heavy metals; leaves; nickel; selenium; toxic substances
- ... The main goal of this paper was to evaluate total macro- and microelement contents of different cabbage leaves of two varieties of cabbage (Brassica oleracea var. capitata f. alba and Brassica oleracea var. capitata f. rubra) and to determine the ascorbic acid content and color parameters (L*, a*, b* and -ΔE). Also, the anthocyanins content of Brassica oleracea var. capitata f. rubra was investiga ...
- Iniaghe, Paschal Okiroro; Adie, Gilbert Umaye
- Analele Universității "Ovidius" Constanța 2018 v.29 no.2 pp. 77-84
- aqua regia; atomic absorption spectrometry; bioavailability; cadmium; cathodes; chromium; copper; ecological function; geochemistry; iron oxides; leaching; lead; manganese oxides; nickel; soil pollution; soil sampling; subsoil; topsoil; toxicity; wastes; Nigeria
- ... In this study, soil contamination by toxic metals released from cathode ray tubes (CRTs) openly discarded within the vicinities of artisans’ workshops in Nigeria was assessed in order to ascertain the metal leaching potential of CRTs, mobility and bioavailability of the leached metals in soil. Furthermore, the ecological geochemistry of the impacted soils was carried out. Seventy soil samples were ...