Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Xiu-Ming, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytica chimica acta 2015 v.871 pp. 1-8
- DNA; analytical chemistry; biosensors; biotechnology; bovine serum albumin; catalytic activity; colorimetry; dissolved oxygen; hydrogen peroxide; ions; mercury; nanoparticles; nucleic acid hybridization; oxidants; oxidation; silver; thymine
- ... In this paper, a novel colorimetric biosensor for Hg2+ and DNA molecules is presented based on Hg2+ stimulated oxidase-like activity of bovine serum albumin protected silver clusters (BSA-Ag NCs). Under mild conditions, Hg2+ activated BSA-Ag NCs to show high catalytic activity toward the oxidation of 3,3′,5, 5′-tetramethylbenzidine (TMB) using ambient dissolved oxygen as an oxidant. The oxidase-li ...
- Wu, Xiu-Ming, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytica chimica acta 2012 v.747 pp. 92-98
- colorimetry; detection limit; hydrogen peroxide; iron; melamine; nanosilver; ozone
- ... An innovative and versatile functional colorimetric sensor for melamine (MA) and H₂O₂ was developed with simplicity, excellent selectivity and ultrasensitivity. The detection mechanism was based on the “oxidative etching-aggregation” of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) by the cooperation effect of MA and electron acceptors such as H₂O₂, ozone or Fe(NO₃)₃. The detection limits of this method for MA cou ...