Jump to Main Content
- Choi, Jaeyeong; Zielke, Claudia; Nilsson, Lars; Lee, Seungho
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2017 v.409 no.19 pp. 4551-4558
- beers, etc ; beta-glucanase; beta-glucans; brewing; detectors; enzymatic treatment; foams; fractionation; light scattering; molecular weight; proteinases; refractive index; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The macromolecular composition of beer is largely determined by the brewing and the mashing process. It is known that the physico-chemical properties of proteinaceous and polysaccharide molecules are closely related to the mechanism of foam stability. Three types of “American pale ale” style beer were prepared using different mashing protocols. The foam stability of the beers was assessed using th ...
- Cernuda, Carlos; Lughofer, Edwin; Klein, Helmut; Forster, Clemens; Pawliczek, Marcin; Brandstetter, Markus
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2017 v.409 no.3 pp. 841-857
- beers, etc ; amino nitrogen; bitterness; brewing; brewing industry; business enterprises; chemometrics; citric acid; data collection; experts; foams; least squares; nonlinear models; quality control; spectroscopy; technicians; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... During the production process of beer, it is of utmost importance to guarantee a high consistency of the beer quality. For instance, the bitterness is an essential quality parameter which has to be controlled within the specifications at the beginning of the production process in the unfermented beer (wort) as well as in final products such as beer and beer mix beverages. Nowadays, analytical tech ...