Jump to Main Content
- Fellenberg, Meike; Behnken, Henning N.; Nagel, Tim; Wiegandt, Alena; Baerenfaenger, Melissa; Meyer, Bernd
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2013 v.405 no.23 pp. 7291-7305
- cattle; computer software; fibrinogen; glycoproteins; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polysaccharides; scientists
- ... The structure of glycans from glycoproteins is highly relevant for their function. We tightly integrate liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS), MS/MS, and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) data to achieve a complete characterization of even isobaric glycans differing in only one linkage position or in the substitution in one branch. As example, we analyzed ten desialylated underivatized gl ...
- Giménez, Estela; Sanz-Nebot, Victòria; Rizzi, Andreas
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2013 v.405 no.23 pp. 7307-7319
- aniline; carbon; cattle; derivatization; fetuins; glycoproteins; glycosylation; isotope labeling; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; ovalbumin; reducing agents; stable isotopes
- ... Glycan reductive isotope labeling (GRIL) using [¹²C]- and [¹³C]-coded aniline was used for relative quantitation of N-glycans. In a first step, the labeling method by reductive amination was optimized for this reagent. It could be demonstrated that selecting aniline as limiting reactant and using the reductant in excess is critical for achieving high derivatization yields (over 95 %) and good repr ...