Jump to Main Content
- Isetun, Sindra; Nilsson, Ulrika; Colmsjö, Anders; Johansson, Rolf
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2004 v.378 no.7 pp. 1847-1853
- air; air pollution; coatings; detection limit; esters; flame retardants; plasticizers; pollutants; solid phase microextraction; solvents; time-weighted average
- ... Solid phase micro-extraction (SPME) was used to collect air samples of semi-volatile organophosphate triesters, a group of compounds that are commonly used as flame retardants/plasticisers and have therefore become ubiquitous indoor air pollutants. SPME is a simple sampling technique with several major advantages, including time-efficiency and low solvent consumption. Analyte losses also tend to b ...
- Badol, C.; Borbon, A.; Locoge, N.; Léonardis, T.; Galloo, J.-C.
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2004 v.378 no.7 pp. 1815-1827
- air; air quality; desorption; detection limit; instrumentation; monitoring; ozone; quality control; temperature; volatile organic compounds
- ... An automated system for the monitoring of volatile organic compound (VOC) ozone precursors in ambient air is described. The measuring technique consists of subambient preconcentration on a cooled trap followed by thermal desorption and GC/FID analysis. First, the technical development, which permits detection limits below 0.05 ppbv to be reached, proceeded in two steps: (1) the determination of op ...