Jump to Main Content
- Pérez-Pavón, José Luis, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2010 v.397 no.6 pp. 2579-2591
- allergens; benzyl alcohol; benzyl benzoate; citral; cosmetics; coumarin; eugenol; farnesol; gas chromatography; geraniol; headspace analysis; instrumentation; isomers; limonene; linalool; mass spectrometry; quantitative analysis; temperature; volatile compounds
- ... In the present work, a strategy for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of 24 volatile compounds listed as suspected allergens in cosmetics by the European Union is reported. The list includes benzyl alcohol, limonene, linalool, methyl 2-octynoate, β-citronellol, geraniol, citral (two isomers), 7-hydroxycitronellal, anisyl alcohol, cinnamal, cinnamyl alcohol, eugenol, isoeugenol (two isomers ...
- Pérez Pavón, José Luis, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2005 v.382 no.2 pp. 372-380
- algorithms; experimental design; headspace analysis; mass spectrometry; pollutants; quantitative analysis
- ... One of the main limitations to the use of direct coupling of headspace mass spectrometry (HS-MS) for the quantitative determination of analytes in a sample is related to factors affecting the signal intensity. The importance of strategies aimed at compensating this problem is considerable in the case of classification, and is indeed critical as regards the problems involved in quantification. This ...