Jump to Main Content
- Pedro, Liliana; Cross, Megan; Hofmann, Andreas; Mak, Tin; Quinn, Ronald J.
- Analytical biochemistry 2019 v.575 pp. 63-69
- Plasmodium vivax; absorption; adenosine diphosphate; adenosine triphosphate; drugs; enzymatic reactions; enzyme activity; enzymes; guanosine monophosphate; high performance liquid chromatography; inhibitory concentration 50; malaria
- ... The development of a high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)-based method, for guanosine monophosphate kinase activity assays, is presented. The method uses the intrinsic UV absorption (at 260 nm) of substrates and products of the enzymatic reaction (GMP, ATP, ADP and GDP) to unambiguously determine percent conversion of substrate into product. It uses a commercially available C18 column whi ...
- Bahreyni, Amirhossein; Ramezani, Mohammad; Alibolandi, Mona; Hassanzadeh, Pirooz; Abnous, Khalil; Taghdisi, Seyed Mohammad
- Analytical biochemistry 2019 v.575 pp. 1-9
- Alzheimer disease; DNA; aptasensors; blood serum; copper; diabetes mellitus; drug delivery systems; drugs; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; hepatolenticular degeneration; ions; magnetism; neoplasm cells; oligonucleotides; patients; streptavidin
- ... AS1411 is a 26-mer G-rich DNA aptamer which has been broadly employed in the field of targeted drug delivery, due to its capability to bind to nucleolin protein on the surface of cancer cells. In this work, it has been shown for the first time that in addition to nucleolin, AS1411 aptamer could bind to copper ions (Cu2+) with high affinity and selectivity, affecting AS1411 usage in drug delivery s ...