Jump to Main Content
- Materón, Elsa Maria; Marchetto, Reinaldo; Araujo, Angela Regina; Vega-Chacon, Jaime; Pividori, Maria I.; Jafelicci, Miguel; Shimizu, Flavio M.; Oliveira, Osvaldo N.; Zanoni, Maria Valnice Boldrin
- Analytical biochemistry 2018 v.553 pp. 46-53
- Lewis bases; azo dyes; density functional theory; electrochemistry; electrodes; fabrics; fluorescence; glutathione; glutathione transferase; humans; liver; liver protein; magnetite; metabolic detoxification; moieties; monitoring; nanoparticles; neoplasms; oxidation; sulfhydryl groups; toxicity; wastewater treatment
- ... Disperse Orange 37 (DO37) is an efficient azo dye for dyeing synthetic textile materials owing to its resistance to degradation that may also be harmful to humans as DO37 is not entirely eliminated in wastewater treatment. In this paper, we demonstrate that DO37 is bleached by reduced glutathione (GSH) in a reaction catalyzed by glutathione-s-transferase (GST), a phase II detoxification enzyme. Th ...
- Alves, Maria de Fátima; Corrêa, Ricardo Augusto Moreira de Souza; da Cruz, Filipe Soares; Franco, Diego Leoni; Ferreira, Lucas Franco
- Analytical biochemistry 2018 v.553 pp. 15-23
- biosensors; carbon electrodes; catechol; detection limit; dielectric spectroscopy; electrochemistry; electrosynthesis; fenitrothion; flow injection analysis; pH; phosphates; scanning electron microscopy
- ... This paper reports the electrosynthesis and characterisation of a polymeric film derived from 2-hydroxybenzamide over a graphite electrode and its application as an enzymatic biosensor for the determination and quantification of the pesticide fenitrothion. The material was analysed by scanning electron microscopy and its electrochemical properties characterised by cyclic voltammetry and electroche ...