Jump to Main Content
- Tellinghuisen, Joel; Spiess, Andrej-Nikolai
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 76-82
- calibration; data collection; least squares; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; variance
- ... New methods are used to compare seven qPCR analysis methods for their performance in estimating the quantification cycle (Cq) and amplification efficiency (E) for a large test data set (94 samples for each of 4 dilutions) from a recent study. Precision and linearity are assessed using chi-square (χ²), which is the minimized quantity in least-squares (LS) fitting, equivalent to the variance in unwe ...
- Ojeda, Armando Gómez; Wrobel, Katarzyna; Escobosa, Alma Rosa Corrales; Garay-Sevilla, Ma. Eugenia; Wrobel, Kazimierz
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 52-58
- acetonitrile; acidification; alcoholic beverages; biomarkers; calibration; derivatization; diacetyl; fluorometry; glycation; juveniles; oxidative stress; pH; patients; quinoxalines; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; separation; urine
- ... Bioanalytical relevance of glyoxal (Go) and methylglyoxal (MGo) arises from their role as biomarkers of glycation processes and oxidative stress. The third compound of interest in this work is diacetyl (DMGo), a component of different food products and alcoholic beverages and one of the small α-ketoaldehydes previously reported in urine. The original idea for the determination of the above compoun ...