Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Zhixiang; Jin, Jing; Xue, Nina; Song, Xiuyun; Chen, Xiaoguang
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 188-194
- DNA repair; T-lymphocytes; adipogenesis; chronic diseases; cost effectiveness; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; genome; inflammation; ischemia; monitoring; neoplasms; pathogenesis; screening; spermatogenesis; therapeutics
- ... Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 and -2 (PARP1/2) are two key facilitators of DNA repair and are implicated in the pathogenesis of cancers and several chronic diseases. Inhibitors of PARP1/2 have shown powerful therapeutic effects in the treatment of cancer, cerebral ischemia, and inflammation. In addition, evidence from several studies suggests unique functions for PARP2 in genome surveillance, sper ...
- Sarabipour, Sarvenaz; King, Christopher; Hristova, Kalina
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 155-157
- Escherichia coli; bacteria; biomedical research; cost effectiveness; fluorescent proteins
- ... Here we introduce a fast, cost-effective, and highly efficient method for production of soluble fluorescent proteins from bacteria. The method does not require optimization and does not use isopropyl β-d-1-thiogalactopyranoside (IPTG) induction. The method relies on uninduced expression in the BL21–Gold (DE3) strain of Escherichia coli and yields large amounts (up to 0.4μmol) of fluorescent protei ...