Jump to Main Content
- Bui, Linh C.; Tabouy, Laure; Busi, Florent; Dupret, Jean-Marie; Janel, Nathalie; Planque, Chris; Delabar, Jean-Maurice; Rodrigues-Lima, Fernando; Dairou, Julien
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 172-178
- Alzheimer disease; Down syndrome; aneuploidy; animal models; behavior disorders; brain; chromosomes; drugs; genes; high performance liquid chromatography; neurodegenerative diseases; peptides; risk factors; tyrosine
- ... Down syndrome is the most common aneuploidy. It is caused by the presence of an extra copy of chromosome 21. Several studies indicate that aberrant expression of the kinase Dyrk1a (dual-specificity tyrosine phosphorylation-regulated kinase 1a) is implicated in Down syndrome, in particular in the onset of mental retardation. Moreover, elevated Dyrk1a activity may also be a risk factor for other neu ...
- Jain, Pankaj C.; Varadarajan, Raghavan
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 90-98
- genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mutagens; mutants; nucleotide sequences; polymerase chain reaction; thermodynamics
- ... With the development of deep sequencing methodologies, it has become important to construct site saturation mutant (SSM) libraries in which every nucleotide/codon in a gene is individually randomized. We describe methodologies for the rapid, efficient, and economical construction of such libraries using inverse polymerase chain reaction (PCR). We show that if the degenerate codon is in the middle ...