Jump to Main Content
- Jain, Pankaj C.; Varadarajan, Raghavan
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 90-98
- genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mutagens; mutants; nucleotide sequences; polymerase chain reaction; thermodynamics
- ... With the development of deep sequencing methodologies, it has become important to construct site saturation mutant (SSM) libraries in which every nucleotide/codon in a gene is individually randomized. We describe methodologies for the rapid, efficient, and economical construction of such libraries using inverse polymerase chain reaction (PCR). We show that if the degenerate codon is in the middle ...
- Li, Meina; Lei, Lei; Jia, Linghan; Ling, Xiaomei; Zhang, Jianmei; Zhao, Yiran; Wang, KeWei
- Analytical biochemistry 2014 v.449 pp. 99-105
- calcium; capillary electrophoresis; chemical structure; mutants; profits and margins; proteins
- ... The specific binding of auxiliary Kv channel-interacting proteins (KChIPs) to the N terminus of Kv4 pore-forming α-subunits results in modulation of gating properties, surface expression, and subunit assembly of Kv4 channels. However, the interactions between KChIPs and Kv4 remain elusive. Thus, affinity capillary electrophoresis (ACE) was employed to quantitatively evaluate the interactions betwe ...