Jump to Main Content
- Amao, Michiko; Kitahara, Yoshiro; Tokunaga, Ayaka; Shimbo, Kazutaka; Eto, Yuzuru; Yamada, Naoyuki
- Analytical biochemistry 2015 v.472 pp. 45-51
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; cultured cells; glucose; hormone secretion; liquid chromatography; monitoring; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; secretin; sucralose; tandem mass spectrometry; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) is an incretin peptide that regulates islet hormone secretion. During recent years, incretin-based therapies have been widely used for patients with type 2 diabetes. GLP-1 peptides undergo N- and C-terminal processing for gain or loss of functions. We developed a method to quantify picomolar quantities of intact GLP-1 peptides using liquid chromatography–tandem mass ...
- Guan, Ni; Gao, Weiwei; He, Min; Zheng, Min; Xu, Xiao; Wang, Xiaobo; Wang, Ming-Wei
- Analytical biochemistry 2012 v.423 no.1 pp. 61-69
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; diagnostic techniques; islets of Langerhans; monitoring; cytotoxicity; free fatty acids; hydrogen peroxide; physiology; cytokines; toxic substances; bioassays; streptozotocin; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... β-Cell injury plays an important role in the development of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Most of the β-cell bioassays depend on labeling or endpoint assessments that might not capture the true physiology or pathology of the injury process. In the current study, we dynamically detected a broad range of pathological and pharmacological responses to four toxicants (cytokine mixture, free fatty acid mi ...