Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Peng; Ptacek, Carol J.; Blowes, David W.; Finfrock, Y. Zou; Steinepreis, Mark; Budimir, Filip
- Analytical chemistry 2019 v.91 no.8 pp. 5142-5149
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; biochar; chromium; data collection; energy; fluorescence; image analysis; oxidation
- ... Redox mapping of solid-phase particles has been used for speciation mapping of near-surface materials or within grains through the use of thin-sections without depth information. Here, a procedure is presented for data collection and processing of depth-dependent redox mapping within solid particles using confocal micro-X-ray fluorescence imaging (CMXRFI). The procedure was applied to a biochar pa ...
- Griffin, Scott R.; Biechele-Speziale, John A.; Smith, Casey J.; You-Dow, Ximeng; White, Julia K.; Zhang, Si-Wei; Novak, Julie; Liu, Zhen; Simpson, Garth J.
- Analytical chemistry 2019 v.91 no.8 pp. 5286-5294
- active pharmaceutical ingredients; algorithms; chromatography; data collection; fluorescence; image analysis; instrumentation; mass spectrometry; photons; quantitative analysis
- ... A digital filter based on non-negative matrix factorization (NMF) enables blind deconvolution of temporal information from large data sets, simultaneously recovering both photon arrival times and the instrument impulse response function (IRF). In general, the measured digital signals produced by modern analytical instrumentation are convolved by the corresponding IRFs, which can complicate quantit ...