Jump to Main Content
- Šoukal, Jakub; Sturgeon, Ralph E.; Musil, Stanislav
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.19 pp. 11688-11695
- anions; argon (noble gases); atomization; chlorides; detection limit; dietary supplements; formic acid; freshwater; iron; irradiation; liquids; molybdenum; nitrates; nitrites; perchlorates; photochemistry; seawater; solubilization; spectrometers; sulfates; vapors
- ... Photochemical vapor generation (PVG) of Mo was accomplished using a 19 W high-efficiency flow-through photoreactor operating in a flow injection mode using 30–50% (w/v) formic acid as a reaction medium. The generated volatile product (most probably molybdenum hexacarbonyl) was directed by an argon carrier gas to a plastic gas–liquid separator and introduced into the spray chamber of an inductively ...
- Trimpin, Sarah; Pophristic, Milan; Adeniji-Adele, Adetoun; Tomsho, John W.; McEwen, Charles N.
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.19 pp. 11188-11192
- air flow; atomization; cleaning; desorption; drugs; electric potential; erythromycin; gases; heat; ionization; ions; mass spectrometry; spectrometers
- ... Vacuum matrix-assisted ionization (vMAI) uses select matrix compounds which when exposed to the vacuum of a mass spectrometer produce gas-phase ions from associated volatile or nonvolatile analyte without external energy input. Here, a vMAI source was constructed to replace the commercial inlet of a Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometer. This allowed for rapid introduction of the matrix/analyte sample ...