Jump to Main Content
- Zamora, D.; Amo-Gonzalez, M.; Lanza, M.; Fernández de la Mora, G.; Fernández de la Mora, J.
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.4 pp. 2468-2474
- fiberglass, etc ; air; chlorides; filters; freight; ions; nitroglycerin; screening; spectrometers; stainless steel; statistical analysis; temperature; trinitrotoluene; vapors; Spain; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The feasibility of detecting explosives in the atmosphere at concentrations as low as 0.01 ppq hinges on the poorly known question of what interfering species exist at these or higher concentrations. To clarify the issue, hundreds of samples of ambient air, either clean or loaded with explosives (from lightly contaminated environments) have been collected in fiberglass/stainless steel filters coat ...
- Forbes, Thomas P.; Verkouteren, Jennifer R.
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.91 no.1 pp. 1089-1097
- fiberglass, etc ; ascorbic acid; desorption; dicyandiamide; dissociation; forensic sciences; mass spectrometry; multivariate analysis; oxidants; perchlorates; potassium; potassium nitrate; powders; principal component analysis; sodium benzoate; sulfur; temperature; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The trace detection and forensic analysis of black powders and black powder substitutes, directly from wipe-based sample collections, was demonstrated using infrared thermal desorption (IRTD) coupled with direct analysis in real time mass spectrometry (DART-MS). Discrete 15 s heating ramps were generated, creating a thermal desorption profile that desorbed more volatile species (e.g., organic and ...