Jump to Main Content
- Sim, Sang Jun, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.23 pp. 14029-14038
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii; aqueous solutions; autotrophs; bicarbonates; biofuels; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; chemotaxis; commercialization; energy; fuel production; inorganic carbon; microalgae; mutants; photosystem II; phototaxis; quantitative analysis; screening; statistical analysis
- ... Microalgae have been spotlighted as a renewable energy source to produce biofuels from CO₂ by photosynthesis. However, their innate inefficiency of CO₂ conversion using light energy has been a challenge to the commercialization of algae-based biofuel production. Photosynthetic organisms have evolved behavioral responses, including phototaxis and chemotaxis, to find optimal conditions for capturing ...
- Sim, Sang Jun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2014 v.86 no.17 pp. 8585-8592
- biofuels; cell culture; economic sustainability; filtration; fuel production; isopropyl alcohol; lipids; microalgae; quantitative analysis; solvents; temperature; toxicity
- ... For economically viable biofuel production from microalgae, it is necessary to develop efficient analytical platforms for quantitative evaluation of different lipid productivities of numerous microalgal species. Currently, microalgal culture, lipid accumulation, and lipid extraction depend on conventional benchtop methods requiring laborious and time-consuming processes. A poly(dimethylsiloxane) ( ...