Jump to Main Content
- Pérez Pavón, José Luis, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2012 v.84 no.1 pp. 379-385
- biomarkers; dimethyl disulfide; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; headspace analysis; limonene; neoplasms; patients; saliva; spectrometers; styrene; volunteers
- ... We report a methodology for the rapid determination of biomarkers in saliva. The method is based on direct coupling of a headspace sampler with a mass spectrometer. The saliva samples are subjected to the headspace generation process, and the volatiles generated are introduced directly into the mass spectrometer, thereby obtaining a fingerprint of the sample analyzed. The main advantage of the pro ...
- Pérez Pavón, José Luis, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2014 v.86 no.15 pp. 7890-7898
- biomarkers; electronic nose; gas chromatography; headspace analysis; mass spectrometry; neoplasms; patients; saliva; spectrometers; temperature; volunteers
- ... With a view to improving the sensitivity of direct coupling of a headspace sampler (HS) with a mass spectrometer (MS), here we propose the use of a programmed temperature vaporizer (PTV) in solvent–vent injection mode before the sample is introduced into the MS. This preconcentration scheme has been used for some time in many methods based on gas chromatography (GC), but to the best of our knowled ...