Jump to Main Content
- Laurà, R.; Abbate, F.; Germanà, G. P.; Montalbano, G.; Germanà, A.; Levanti, M.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 322-329
- Danio rerio; adults; deafness; fish; head; hearing; juveniles; larvae; models; neuromasts; transmission electron microscopy; water flow
- ... The mechanosensory lateral line system of fish is responsible for several functions such as balance, hearing, and orientation in water flow and is formed by neuromast receptor organs distributed on head, trunk and tail. Superficial and canal neuromasts can be distinguished for localization and morphological differences. Several information is present regarding the superficial neuromasts of zebrafi ...
- Mario, Lara Carolina; Borghesi, Jéssica; G. Hayashi, Rafael; O. Favaron, Phelipe; N. Rodrigues, Marcio; C. Carvalho, Rafael; Miglino, Maria A.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 364-371
- Oligoryzomys; adults; bronchi; females; infectious diseases; models; pathogens; public health; respiratory mucosa; rodents; scanning electron microscopy; therapeutics; zoonoses; Brazil
- ... Rodents are important in the transmission of infectious diseases that affect the respiratory tract, including simple infections and those caused by specific pathogens. These animals are natural reservoirs of zoonoses that cause many public health diseases. Basic knowledge on the morphology of these animals is important as basic research is useful for applied studies, such as the development of cli ...