Jump to Main Content
- Clancy, Chad S.; Van Wettere, Arnaud J.; Hullinger, Gordon A.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 385-388
- anorexia; brain; feedlots; heifers; histology; histopathology; lymph nodes; meninges; necropsy
- ... The brain from a field necropsied 8‐month‐old feedlot heifer presenting with an acute history of depression, lethargy, dyspnoea and anorexia was evaluated grossly and by histopathology. The meninges overlying the left cerebral hemisphere contained a 12 × 26 × 32 mm, dark red, soft, ovoid mass. Histologic examination of this tissue revealed a well‐organized lymph node with normal architecture. Orga ...
- Lang, A.; Wirth, G.; Gasse, H.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 280-297
- brain; carnivores; horses; interspecific variation; photographs; terminology
- ... The surface architecture of the equine telencephalon is far more complex and complicated than, for example, that of the carnivore's brain, and basic organization patterns are more difficult to recognize. This is due to species differences, to interindividual variations and even to asymmetries between right and left hemispheres. Moreover, a very heterogeneous anatomical terminology, especially in t ...