Jump to Main Content
- Güney Saruhan, B.; Sağsöz, H.; Akbalık, E.; Ketani, M. A.; Erdoğan, S.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 313-321
- Leydig cells; Sertoli cells; bulls; epididymis; epithelium; germ cells; immunohistochemistry; innate immunity; lymphocytes; rams; risk; staining
- ... The mammalian testis possesses a special immunological environment because of its properties of remarkable immune privilege and effective local innate immunity. The testicular immune privilege protects immunogenic germ cells from systemic immune attack, and local innate immunity is important in preventing testicular microbial infections. Thus, this study aimed to immunohistochemically demonstrate ...
- Ramos, C. A.; da Costa, O. T. F.; Duncan, W. L. P.; Fernandes, M. N.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 330-337
- Arapaima gigas; air; bacterial infections; breathing; epithelium; fish; gills; glycosaminoglycans; histology; mitochondria; ontogeny; pH; parasites; pavements
- ... The gill structure of the Amazonian fish Arapaima gigas (Cuvier 1829) shows ontogenetic changes during development, particularly due the transition from the aquatic to the obligatory air breathing mode of respiration. However, three main cell types can be found in the gills: mitochondrial rich cells, pavement cells and mucous cells (MCs). The MCs are involved in the secretory pathway. The function ...