Jump to Main Content
- Bolat, Durmuş; Kürüm, Aytül; Canpolat, Sıla
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 338-345
- dyes; females; melatonin; pineal body; puberty; sheep; staining
- ... The pineal gland is a neuroendocrine organ associated with photoperiodic regulation in mammals. The aim of this study was to evaluate the pineal gland at the pre‐pubertal, pubertal and post‐pubertal periods by means of morphology and stereology. The study examined at total of 24 ovine pineal glands collected from healthy female Akkaraman breed. Thick sections (40 μm) were cut and treated with syna ...
- Mario, Lara Carolina; Borghesi, Jéssica; G. Hayashi, Rafael; O. Favaron, Phelipe; N. Rodrigues, Marcio; C. Carvalho, Rafael; Miglino, Maria A.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 364-371
- Oligoryzomys; adults; bronchi; females; infectious diseases; models; pathogens; public health; respiratory mucosa; rodents; scanning electron microscopy; therapeutics; zoonoses; Brazil
- ... Rodents are important in the transmission of infectious diseases that affect the respiratory tract, including simple infections and those caused by specific pathogens. These animals are natural reservoirs of zoonoses that cause many public health diseases. Basic knowledge on the morphology of these animals is important as basic research is useful for applied studies, such as the development of cli ...