Jump to Main Content
- Arodaki, F.; Khamas, W.; Darmani, N.; Al‐Tikriti, M.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 405-409
- animal models; body weight; bronchi; goblet cells; histology; insectivores; microscopy; myocytes; shrews; smooth muscle
- ... The least shrew (Cryptotis parva) is a small vomit‐competent insectivorous species which has recently been introduced as an emesis animal model in the laboratory. In this study, the respiratory system of the least shrew was examined and compared with the well‐established larger species routinely used in the laboratory. Five least shrews (4–5 g body weight, 45–60 days old) were used. Standard histo ...
- Vandecasteele, T.; Cornillie, P.; Vandevelde, K.; Logothetidou, A.; Couck, L.; van Loon, G.; Van den Broeck, W.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 325-333
- animal models; atrial fibrillation; ganglia; heart; neurons; pathophysiology; patients; swine; tissues; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Ganglia and telocytes were identified inside the porcine pulmonary veins wall near myocardial sleeve tissue at the atriopulmonary junction. These structures are reported to play a role in the initiation of pulses from outside the heart, which potentially can cause cardiac conduction disorders such as atrial fibrillation. In‐depth knowledge on the fine structure of the pulmonary vein wall is a pre‐ ...