Jump to Main Content
- Cao, X.J.; Wang, W.M.; Song, F.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.4 pp. 292-298
- absorption; digestion; digestive system diseases; disease control; feeds; fish; foods; histology; light microscopes; lysosomes; markets; microvilli; mitochondria; mucus; transmission electron microscopes; vacuoles; China
- ... With 3 figures and 1 table SUMMARY: Topmouth culter (Culter alburnus), a freshwater carnivorous fish of the Cyprinidae, is one of the most popular fish species in aquatic market in China. The anatomy and histology features of fish intestine are very useful for understanding digestive physiology, diagnosing some intestinal diseases and formulating suitable feeds. Thus, here we first characterize to ...
- Kozarić, Z.; Petrinec, Z.; Kužir, S.; Gjurčević, E.; Baždarić, B.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.4 pp. 314-320
- absorption; acid phosphatase; adults; alkaline phosphatase; diet; digestion; digestive enzymes; enterocytes; enzyme activity; fish; lipid content; lipids; proteins; Adriatic Sea
- ... With 9 figures and 2 tables SUMMARY: Localization and activity levels of the following digestive enzymes in the intestine of free-living large-scaled gurnard were determined: non-specific esterase, alkaline and acid phosphatase as well as aminopeptidase. Enzymatic activity of the four enzymes was confirmed in all intestine parts but with different distribution through the enterocytes and varying i ...