Jump to Main Content
- Khamas, W.; Reeves, R.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.4 pp. 307-313
- birds; body length; epithelial cells; esophagus; gophers; histology; mucosa; snakes; stomach
- ... With 2 tables and 7 figures SUMMARY: The gastrointestinal tract of the snake has various distinctions from mammals, birds and other reptiles. Five gopher snakes (Pituophis catenifer) were studied in relation to the gross anatomical measurements of visceral organs relative to body length as well as the histology of the oesophagus and the stomach. The oesophagus closely resembles the empty stomach u ...
- Eltony, S.A.; Elgayar, S.A.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.4 pp. 263-277
- adults; albino; cilia; droplets; endothelium; epithelial cells; extracellular matrix; mitochondria; muscles; myocytes; nerve tissue; pheromones; rats; smooth muscle
- ... With 30 figures, 3 histograms and 3 tables SUMMARY: The vomeronasal organ (VNO) is a chemosensory organ that detects environmental pheromones. The morphology of the ‘non-sensory' epithelium (NSE) of the VNO and its lamina propria, as well as how it relates to ageing has received little attention. Histological, histochemical, morphometric and ultrastructural techniques were used to study the morpho ...