Jump to Main Content
- Ateş, S.; Karakurum, E.; Dursun, N.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.5 pp. 360-364
- Oryctolagus cuniculus; carotid arteries; ganglia; medulla oblongata; muscles; nerve tissue; rabbits; tongue; New Zealand
- ... With 8 figures SUMMARY: This study aimed at revealing the origin, course and distribution of the hypoglossal nerve in 20 adult male New Zealand rabbits. In all the animals dissected, the hypoglossal nerve arose from the ventrolateral side of the medulla oblongata with two main roots and gave off a descending branch to the ansa cervicalis before reaching the division of the common carotid artery. T ...
- Shao, B. P.; Ding, Y. P.; Wang, J. L.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.5 pp. 321-325
- ganglia; gender differences; nerve tissue; vagus nerve; yaks
- ... With 1 figure SUMMARY: The heads of 12 White yaks (four castrated, four male and four female, 3–8 years old) were dissected to study the shape, location and branches of the cranial cervical ganglion macroscopically. The ganglion was a greyish arciform structure, with a mean length of 17.3 mm, a width of 8.0 mm and a thickness of 3.9 mm, located on the rostrolateral surface of m. longus capitis. Ap ...