Jump to Main Content
- Somfai, T.; Kikuchi, K.; Kaneda, M.; Akagi, S.; Watanabe, S.; Mizutani, E.; Haraguchi, S.; Dang‐Nguyen, T. Q.; Inaba, Y.; Geshi, M.; Nagai, T.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.5 pp. 335-344
- actin; cattle; extrusion; metaphase; microfilaments; microscopy; oocytes; polymerization; swine
- ... With 4 figures SUMMARY: We investigated the frequencies of cytoskeletal anomalies in metaphase‐II (M‐II) and incompetent [arrested at an immature metaphase (IM) stage] porcine and bovine oocytes during in vitro maturation (IVM) in relation with ageing by immunostaining and confocal microscopy. In porcine oocytes, meiotic arrest at the IM stage was associated with abnormalities of cortical actin bu ...
- Krause, William J.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.5 pp. 345-351
- microscopy; salivary glands; secretion
- ... With 8 figures SUMMARY: The secretory units and duct system of the echidna sublingual glands exhibit subtle architectural modifications to accommodate the viscous secretion produced by these glands. The glands are compound tubular glands, the secretory units of which are elongate with open lumina and consist only of mucous cells. Closely packed spindle‐shaped myoepithelial cells invest the secreto ...