Jump to Main Content
- O’Neill, B. F.; Ruelle, E.; O’Donovan, M.; Shalloo, L.; Mulligan, F. J.; Boland, T. M.; Delaby, L.; Delagarde, R.; Lewis, E.
- Animal 2014 v.8 no.4 pp. 596-609
- body condition; calving; cell death; cell differentiation; dairy cows; data collection; decision making; dry matter intake; energy; grasses; grazing; grazing management; late lactation; milk; milk consumption; milk yield; models; prediction; sward
- ... The prediction of grass dry matter intake (GDMI) and milk yield (MY) are important to aid sward and grazing management decision making. Previous evaluations of the GrazeIn model identified weaknesses in the prediction of GDMI and MY for grazing dairy cows. To increase the accuracy of GDMI and MY prediction, GrazeIn was adapted, and then re-evaluated, using a data set of 3960 individual cow measure ...
- Bertocchi, L.; Vitali, A.; Lacetera, N.; Nardone, A.; Varisco, G.; Bernabucci, U.
- Animal 2014 v.8 no.4 pp. 667-674
- Holstein; bulk milk; dairy cows; dairy farming; financial economics; heat; milk; milk composition; models; plate count; relative humidity; retrospective studies; seasonal variation; somatic cell count; summer; temperature; weather stations; Italy
- ... A retrospective study on seasonal variations in the characteristics of cow’s milk and temperature–humidity index (THI) relationship was conducted on bulk milk data collected from 2003 to 2009. The THI relationship study was carried out on 508 613 bulk milk data items recorded in 3328 dairy farms form the Lombardy region, Italy. Temperature and relative humidity data from 40 weather stations were u ...