Jump to Main Content
- Knüsel, Mara A.; Lee, Derek E.; König, Barbara; Bond, Monica L.
- Animal behaviour 2019 v.149 pp. 143-151
- Giraffa camelopardalis; adults; animal behavior; data collection; females; home range; humans; land use; males; models; pastoralism; rain; regression analysis; towns; wildlife; Tanzania
- ... Abiotic, biotic and human influences are factors that can affect animal home ranges. We calculated home range sizes of adult giraffes in the Tarangire-Manyara region of northern Tanzania (N = 132 giraffes with data collected over 6 years), and investigated correlations between home range sizes and environmental and anthropogenic factors (for a subset of N = 71 giraffes). We used a 95% kernel utili ...
- Chambon, Rémi; Gélinaud, Guillaume; Paillisson, Jean-Marc; Lemesle, Jean-Christophe; Ysnel, Frédéric; Dugravot, Sébastien
- Animal behaviour 2019 v.149 pp. 23-32
- age; animal behavior; environmental factors; habitats; migratory birds; models; winter; wintering grounds
- ... In facultative partial migration, flexibility of wintering behaviour throughout the bird's lifetime (i.e. switching between migrant and resident tactics and vice versa) may be considered an advantage because it allows individuals to cope with environmental conditions. Quantifying the extent of flexibility of wintering behaviour and identifying the related factors (environmental and individual vari ...